WoW Private Server Conecting

This is a discussion on WoW Private Server Conecting within the WoW forum board part of the Hot Games category; Right, if you're posting messages to this board, you clearly have no problem with your basic internet connection. So you ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Xerxes is offline Mentor
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb

Right, if you're posting messages to this board, you clearly have no problem with your basic internet connection. So you can rule out your ISP as the cause.

I've regularly seen the error message "could not connect to game news server" when accessing WoW through the Launcher program. This doesn't always mean your internet connection is bust, but listing your realmlist as being connected to a private server may prevent that game news section from updating.
    Even if you do have realmlist linked to retail WoW, it doesn't always update all the time.

Ok, one path of diagnosis - can you get on retail?
    Have your realmlist set up for retail codes:
    set realmlist us.logon.worldofwarcraft.com
    set patchlist us.version.worldofwarcraft.com

If this fails and you cannot connect to standard servers, then your problem might be to do with your firewall. The WoW homepage should have a step-by-step guide for rigging 90% of private firewall software to allow Warcraft free in/out access through certain ports in the firewall.

If you have no firewall at all, or it's set up to work with WoW, your realmlist file is typed out correctly (for either retail or private) and you can't log in at all, then your problem will be transcending traditional issues.

Atom is offline Newbie
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well i reinstalled WoW and im runign 2.3.0 patch now.Whit the realm of world of warcraf for US its connecting to the game news,and im able to download patches.But before i did all these thigns i posted here i was tryed out to connect trough WoW whit Anitivirus OFF adn Firewall OFF and gues what..... it f**king didnt work so idk what to do now i have to play boring CS until its fixed "some how".Btw i forgot to say that had happened to 2 of my friends adn after 5-6,7-8 days it had fixed somehow idk how and they were able to connect to every server until that they were playing on 1 of them 2 server but i cant im in neeed to play WoW.... :undecided: can u also PM or post here a link to the 90% allowing firewall to let WoW information In/Out i couldn't find it.
    Last edited by Atom; 02-08-2008 at 05:28 PM.

Atom is offline Newbie
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ppl tnx for all the advices you posted here but WoW had fixed its self so you can close this thread if you want.

Xerxes is offline Mentor
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's a link to information for allowing Blizzard Downloader and World of Warcraft to gain easy access in and out of your firewall or network router:
    http://eu.blizzard.com/support/artic...rticleId=19614

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12