Private Server What are they?

This is a discussion on Private Server What are they? within the WoW forum board part of the Hot Games category; What are private servers exactly and what are the benefits of them????Also is there any programs you have to DL ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Grotak is offline Member
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What are private servers exactly and what are the benefits of them????Also is there any programs you have to DL to acces them? I want GM power? would this be the right way to go?????

You may be a winner in game but your a loser in life <br />:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0: 0:0:0<br />&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; UM....PWNT!

Bendik2 is offline Banned User Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

in a private server you can do whatever you would like,
    yes you need to dl something to get to them i think,
    im not so good when it comes to wow, let's hope some wow smartass helps you out

Dexxter is offline Premium Member
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

private servers are emulated wow servers.
    everyone can do this but you should have at least a REALLY fast computer. you should better use the servers which atm exist. u can find good ones in an toplist in the net( for example http://d3scene.com/thread.php?threadid=371). the problem is, that they are often buggy and laggy. and there arent so many player around. btw. you can't get GM style just by wanting it. tehre are some ways to hack such emulated servers because they unsafe, but at least u need some skill for this. there are instruction how to join an emulated server on the sites homepages of the servers. but th emost tims its like htis:

install wow -> change realmlist.wtf file (at the pages the adress is given.) -> create an account at the site by joining the forum wnd writing the admin a PM -> join the game...

for questions feel free to pm me.

Stoffe is offline Newbie
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi, u sended the link with servers and it dident work u know with the private sersers could u please send a new 1 to me ? and what do u mena ? Should i change The file realmlist.wtf To the serers name ?

Sry for disturbing u i hope u can answar this as soon as possible
    Stoffe

JKab is offline Newbie
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Server list Site Here you can see the most Private Server ...

and here you can see a toplist where also are some private Servers Toplist

And to change the realmlist you should look it up at the server you take and then go to your world of warcraft folder and open the realmlist.wtf with your editor and edit the one line from "set realmlist xxx" to "set realmlist *yourserverrealm*"

If you looked up a server and dont know how to join send me PN i will try to help...

Last thing you should keep attention is the version of the server, some server needs version 1.12.1 and some other the version 1.11.1 with hackpatch . . .
    The normal patches you can get from www.wowpatch.com

Ninjanaught is offline Newbie
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Private Server What are they?

World of Warcraft private servers are emulated. You can do pretty much anything you want. In order to play on one you can eigther host it your self, or join one. ( www.wowstatus.net is a good list of private servers )

You can have -
    Custom: Armor, Weapons, Mounts, Vendors, Monsters, XP Rates, Drop Rates, etc.
    GM Powers.

Lots of possiblitys on private servers.

Please note: emulated servers break the ToS/EULA for World of Warcraft, meaning if you get caught, Blizzard, by law, has right to sue.

There are reports of server hosters getting mail from Blizzard about there server and asked to shut them down, or there will be consequences.

Xirus is offline Guru
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Infernal
    private server sux hard!!!
    just 10 player 1000000000 ping no fun !!

lol.. i dont think so... on my server i now got 74 players a bit better exp then blizz with higher drop rate but no 1000000000 ping..
    as long as i keep the number of players under 80-90 i got no lag at all... so whats so bad with private server again?
    i even costume make wepons and learning how to costume make bosses right now... the only problem with my server right now is that the highest stats on my tbc server only goes up to lev 70 stats... this will be fixed... players will reach lev 255 and get the stats that comes with it...

PRIVATE SERVERS RULE
    <br /><br /><br />Lets do it the easy way shall we...

CaT- is offline Mentor
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

another server site
    http://www.wowserverlisting.net/

Toxik is offline Old News
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I PLAY ON A GOOD WoW PRIVATE SERVER! zOMFG

It&#39;s called DarkWizards and it is down right now (Scripting Error), but is a great server.

I&#39;ll post all you need to do right now..

;; Copied By Me (Toxik) ;;
    Go to Local Disc, Program Files, World of Warcraft
    Right click the "World of Warcraft" folder, press Copy
    Go to your desktop, press "Paste"

Let the WoW folder successfully copy itself to your desktop.. once thats done..
    Open your "Realmlist.WTF" with Notepad. put the following in it -> set realmlist 82.192.84.224
    And clear anything else out. Press the X, press Yes and save it.
    Make sure your running the current WoW patch, seeing as it runs off of the current patch

BUT, Again, Server is down from Scripting Errors and such.. soo check out THE OFFICIAL SITE and register to check for updates!

sluggerabc is offline Newbie
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On a private server can you mix classes. I heard you cuold. I seen a lvl 255 human with paladin rogue hunter and i think warrior

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast