WoW easter eggs

This is a discussion on WoW easter eggs within the WoW forum board part of the Hot Games category; 1- Mr. Bigglesworth- a level 5 cat in the starting area of Naxx, a reference to Austin Powers 2- Lenny ...

Volund is offline Banned

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WoW easter eggs

1- Mr. Bigglesworth- a level 5 cat in the starting area of Naxx, a reference to Austin Powers

2- Lenny "fingers" McCoy- A named NPC in SW's Old town, a reference to Leonard McCoy, the doctor on the original Star Trek

3- Jhordy Lapforge- Gnommish teleport engeneer in Gadgetzan, obviously reference to Star Trek

4- Teamster's Skull- Fishable item in UC, reference to Jimmy Hoffa

5- Nessy- If you run down the Deeprun tram, you will see Nessy through the glass of the underwater section.

6- Gadgetzan- obvious reference to Mos Eisley in Star Wars

7- Uldaman- Parts have a very Indiana jones theme, especially map room, the Master Enchanting trainer is dressed like Indiana Jones himself

8- Goblin shredder- In the cockpit of a goblin shredder, you can see a picture of Kerrigan from starcraft

9- Shrine of the Fallen Warrior- At the Shrine of the Fallen Warrior, there is a memorial dedicated to an Orc with the initials "M-
    K". M K was Michel Koiter, a Blizzard illustrator who passed away during the development of World of Warcraft. If you visit the memorial in spirit form you’ll find a spirit healer named Koiter.

10- Raid bosses- There is an NPC named Auctioneer Naxxremis in Undercity referencing Naxxramas, fortress of Kel'Thuzad, and "Cookie" McWeaksauce in Odesyus' Landing has a parrot named Ragnarose referencing Ragnaros, boss of the Molten Core.

11- Snakes on a Plane- At Nesingwary's Safari, on Hemit Nesingwary's crashed plane, there are level 1 critters on the plane, snakes. This is an obvious reference to the movie "Snakes on a Plane".

12- A little help from my friends- A quest in Un'Goro Crater named after the song by The Beatles and is given by the NPC Ringo, named after Ringo Starr, who sings the song.

13- The absent minded prospector- A quest in Darkshore referencing the film The Absent-Minded Professor

14- At war with the scarlet crusade- The three captains targeted in this quest chain (Captain Perrine, Captain Vachon and Captain Melrache) are named after former coaches of the Los Angeles Kings hockey team (Don Perry, Rogie Vachon and Barry Melrose).

15- All along the Watchtowers- Quest in Western Plaguelands, reference to a song by Bob Dylan, made famous by Jimi Hendrix.

16- Bad Medicine- One of the quests from the rebel camp in Stranglethorn Vale, this is also a title of a song by Bon Jovi.

17-The Big Bone Worm- this is another reference to Frank Herbert's Dune, as are the quest rewards which reference to
    characters from the book.
    Dib'Muad's Crysknife : Muad'dib, which is the fremen name of Paul Atreides
    Revered Mother's Crysknife : Reverend mothers are the leaders of the fremen, Pauls mother was one
    Shani's Crysknife : Which is a reference to Chani.
    Part of the quest requires you to plant a Fumper, which is a reference to a Thumper used for calling Sandworms in the book. Also, the name of the bone worm that is summoned during this quest, Hai'shulud, is a reference to the sandworms from the book, whose Fremen name is Shai-hulud.

18- These quests, picked up from Sporeggar in Zangarmarsh, are a reference to the film Monty Python and the Holy Grail, and more specifically the demands of the Knights Who Say Ni.

19- Chasing A-ME 01- Quest in Un'goro Crater to find the mechanical gorilla, reference to the movie Chasing Amy. The mechanical ape's name and in fact the whole quest is also a reference to the gorilla 'Amy' who forms a bridge of communications between men and apes in the book 'Congo' by Michael Crighton. This may also be a possible reference to an alleged speech bug which made the player name come out as A_newbie 01 or something pertaining to that.

20- A cure for Harpies- One of the Quest rewards for killing Serena Bloodfeather in the Barrens is the Zhovur Axe. Zovirax is a tradename treatment for the most common form of herpes, herpes simplex.

21-The Fel and the Furious- The title of one of the quests in Shadowmoon Valley is named after the movie, "The Fast and The Furious".

22- Glubber Blump- play on Forrest Gump

23- I see dead Dranai- Quest is a reference to the famous quote "I see dead people," from the movie "The Sixth Sense".

24- Power stones- The rewards of one of the quests in Uldaman which requires players to collect power stones is Energized Stone Circle, Duracin Bracers, and Everlast Boots. This is a reference to brands of batteries Energizer, Duracell, and Eveready.

25- Saving Princess Stillpine- One of the quest in Bloodmyst Isle is most likely named after the movie "Saving Private Ryan".

26- The Scrimshank Redemption- Quest in Tanaris, reference to "The Shawshank Redemption"

27- Top gun- Alterac Valley Wing Commander names Guse, Jeztor, Mulverick, Slidore, Vipore and Ichman are references to Top Gun- movie character names Goose, Jester, Maverick, Slider, Viper, and Iceman.

28- Pink Floyd- Dying soldiers sometimes quote Pink Floyd's Goodbye Cruel Word ("Goodbye cruel world... I'm leaving you today...").

29-Welcome to the Jungle- Quest in Stranglethorn Vale, a reference to the song by Guns N' Roses.

30-Linken- Also at Marshal's Refuge is a gnome dressed in green named Linken. He's clearly a reference to Link from the Legend of Zelda games. As quest rewards, he gives you a boomerang plus the option for a sword, both signature weapons from the game.

31- Maws- Maws is a giant shark boss that players fight as part of the Ahn'Qiraj Scepter quest line. The name is a reference to the movie Jaws.

32- Nat Pagle-Nat Pagle in Dustwallow Marsh, is named after Blizzard staff member Pat Nagle.

32- Algernon- In the Undercity there is an NPC named Algernon. In his right hand he is holding flowers, a reference to Daniel Keyes' short story "Flowers for Algernon" written in 1960.

33- Haggel- The gnome "Haggle" in the Deeprun Tram, will say the phrase: "Forty-two... forty-two... forty-two what? It could be anything! Forty-two... hmmm..." This is a reference to the "Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy" in which the answer to the "ultimate question" is Forty-two. However, the "ultimate question" is more of a mystery, leaving the reader to speculate what question "Forty-two" could possibly answer (The question, as alluded to in the book, is "What is six times nine?"). In the "Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy" book a giant computer is built that could answer the "ultimate question": "what is the answer to life, the universe, and everything?"
    The name itself may be a reference to a character in the movie Labyrinth. This movie contains a gnomish character named Hoggle, who is often mistakenly called Haggle in the film.

34- Hin Denburg- At the zep tower for Undercity, one of the goblins is named Hin Denburg, a reference to The Hindenburg(Lz-129) that blew up at Lakehurst, New Jersey, on 5/6/1937.

35- Ragnaros- Ragnaros, the elemental fire lord's name, is referring to Ragnarok, which is believed to be the end of the world in Norse mythology. When this happens the world tree, Yggdrasil, burns down to the ground which fits with Ragnaros's power to set things on fire. Also there is the Scandinavian name Ragnar, coming from the word ragn which means 'gods' or 'the ruling'.

36- Techbot- Techbot in Gnomeregan says things the support department would say. It also spawns a critter named "Dupe Bug", a reference to a Diablo II bug. Some of his other spells include "Battlenet" (a snare) and "Lag" (a slowing effect). Battle.net is Blizzard's Internet platform that allows players to play against one another in Warcraft and StarCraft. Lag is the slowing down of an Internet connection.

37- Theresa- A blindfolded human female wonders in Undercity as Gerard's Mindslave. This character has been recognized in the game Fable (XBox). During the Oakvale raid, Jack of Blades blinded her, and she was found by Twinblade and raised by bandits. For more reference: Fable (video game - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

38- Timmy the cruel- The zombie boss Timmy in Stratholme is a reference to Timmy from South Park. Timmy the Cruel similarly has a habit of yelling his name all the time. There is also a reference to the Timmy in Warcraft III, he is seen in Andorhal in Chapter 4 of the Human campaign. Also a reference to Lil timmy's peashooter .

39- Tirion Fordring- Highlord of the Silver Hand (paladin order) befor it was disbanded by Arthas after Uther refused to slaughter the townspeople of Stratholm infected with the plague. Anyway.... Fordring utters "Say hello to my little friend" whenever a hostile mob gets close to him.

40- Blood elf male- A possible "/flirt" slash command response is "I know every rose has its thorn, but if you would just pour some sugar on me, we could rock and roll and party every day." These reference the heavy rock songs "Every Rose Has Its Thorn" by Poison, "Pour Some Sugar on Me" by Def Leppard, and "Rock and Roll all Nite" by Kiss

41- Gnome Male- A "/flirt" slash command if you are playing as a male gnome sometimes makes your character say "I like large posteriors and I cannot prevaricate." This verbosely paraphrases the opening line of one hit wonder Sir Mix-a-lot's single hit, Baby Got Back: "I like big butts and I cannot lie." This was also said by Brent Sienna from PVP Online to his girlfriend Jade Fontane when asked to stop telling people "he liked her junk in the trunk".

42- Auctioneers- in UC there is Yarly, and in BB there is Orley (get the play on words?)

Easter eggs gotten from G4, wowwiki.com, and my own personal observation
    compiled by me
    Last edited by Volund; 08-31-2007 at 05:00 PM.

Kevin is offline guy

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lawl this is great!

Diesel is offline noob extraordinaire

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is also a "haris pilton" in the lower level of shattrath city (at the inn) i'm almost positive that she isnt on your list, but if it is im sorry

great job though
    Global Moderator, 2009-2010

spartanix is offline Hacker
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also found one in Shat his name is "Adam Eternum" which is a reference to He-Man, because he-mans real Name Adam Eternium and he is also dressed as He-Man wielding a very familiar sword. Just something i noticed as I walked by.

ximiko is offline Hacker
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hehe so much time to write this yes indeed great job -

kimzky is offline Addict
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    NPC "Oh'rly" in Booty Bay (banker/auctioner)

Volund is offline Banned

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thought i had that, added

DUmpin is offline Mentor
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    very nice job
    http://www.d3scene.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=18101&dateline=118779  5194