In-Game Marriage, Too Geeky?

This is a discussion on In-Game Marriage, Too Geeky? within the WoW forum board part of the Hot Games category; Rezist on the US WoW forums made a suggestion that Blizzard could introduce an in-game marriage system, adding tabs to ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    floweray is offline Member
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up In-Game Marriage, Too Geeky?

Rezist on the US WoW forums made a suggestion that Blizzard could introduce an in-game marriage system, adding tabs to the character details screen showing the character's marrital status, eg. Single, Married, Divorced.
    Surprisingly, the thread didn't immediately descend into a flame fest, one reader replied:
    Quote:
    I attended the wedding of two undead warlocks in the UC once. They were shouting it out in /yell so I figured what the heck, grabbed my tux, summoned my succubus (gotta bring a date!) and went to check it out.
    Pretty damn funny, in my opinion. The undead priest performing the "service" was completely drunk (definetly in-game, probably IRL too), and after exchanging some twisted and macabre vows, the bride and groom hellfired themselves to death
    [Priest]..... okay I do ONE funeral for free, but you gotta pay for the other one....hic!
    Several players came forward to point out that it is already possible to stage a marriage in WoW World Of Warcraft, as above, although a built-in system might prove tricky as issues such as same sex/cross race marriages would arise, which Blizz would have decide about.
    Hey, share your opinion here: In-Game Marriage, Too Geeky?

Volund is offline Banned

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ive seen several... i don't really like RP realms much tho... but several of my friends who play wow have gotten married in game as a celebration after their RL marriage... so i don't find it too bad... unless you don't know the person at all in RL and its just for kicks

Chair is offline Member
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think they are fun =P i mean theyre meaningless and, well it gives you somthing to do.

boboudrescu is offline Member
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    <TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">I played swg .... where you could marry and have a house =))))) .... but marriage in wow it would be a bad thing ...... loool imagine a bloodelf having a happy marriage with an undead =))))) that would be really funny or maybe a kid whose parents are orc and gnome ))) a green kid with big muscles and the inteliegence of a gnome =))))))))
    </TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Shiro is offline Advanced Hacker
    Array
    UK - England - Manchester - in your closet
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If the people know each other in rl then yeah its not bad but its just creepy when its two people who met on WoW.

What are te consequences though, no more WoW sex... if you divorce she gets half your epics and gold???

Sorry You're Not A Winner

DoGgY is offline Paintball 4 life
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I more think they are addict to WoW, their real mariage isn't enough, they have to do it in the GAME ... cmon. Is the someone that maried in rune scape or dofus ... or any other game like that ?? It stupid.

Volund is offline Banned

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @ boudin, some people who play want to share their experience with guildies.. i know that I'm actually pretty close to most of my guild mates, though we have never met IRL, I would get married in game to include them in the celebration.

kajlin is offline Guru
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    not realy that bad, a couple got married in a game of halo 2 on xbox live, they had an actual minister playing and he wed them.
    LSD IS GOOD FOR THE SOUL!!!!

Sig By: Editee (TY SO MUCH)
    Brain EATORZ, YUM YUM... GOBBLEZ GOBBLEZ...

DoGgY is offline Paintball 4 life
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I know some poeple that meet from WoW and they are maried now but they didn't celebrate it on WoW :S

Xerxes is offline Mentor
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Back when I was around level 40 on a hunter I attended an in-game marriage in Ironforge on a PvE server. It was the usual stuff - taking a spot in the magey-priesty section of the town, tux's and formal shirts for all, with the bride in the tailored wedding dress. Oh, and my pet tiger was "the altar".

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast