How to set up a wow private server and making it public

This is a discussion on How to set up a wow private server and making it public within the WoW Private Server Emulation board part of the WoW Private Servers category; Originally Posted by DarkRudolph I have no clue... I guess that was Servermans field? oh so there is not going ...

Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    rob24 is offline Newbie
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkRudolph View Post
    I have no clue... I guess that was Servermans field?
    oh so there is not going to be a new one for the new patchs?
    ..and is the stuff i got done downloading and stuff no good now?

DarkRudolph is offline Addict
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sure there will be new ones, but i dont know as much about this as serverman does (did?)
    theres nothing wrong in clicking if i helped you

rob24 is offline Newbie
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkRudolph View Post
    Sure there will be new ones, but i dont know as much about this as serverman does (did?)
    theres nothing wrong in clicking if i helped you
    you helped me a lote but i hope soon the new one come out

nlmiller1975 is offline Wannabe Member
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi there,

Let me preface this by saying that I'm trying to set this up on a laptop to send this to my husband in Iraq. He has no internet out there, so whatever I get set up for him needs to work before I send it. In the process of trying to do this, I have followed numerous walkthroughs and have downloaded a ton of stuff. At this point, I have folders everywhere, so I'm going to need to figure out what I still need in following this walkthrough, if I need to have everything in one particular folder, if I should call it something in particular, etc.

So I have 3.0.9 right now. I don't know if that's the right version I need or not, but I downloaded it thinking that it would be what I needed to set up on my own. Once I got it downloaded, I realized that everything in my World of Warcraft folder was set up for someone else's server. So, one of my next steps is to make sure to configure whatever files I need to configure to access my own database/server.

I also have a folder called WowEmu. I don't know what that's for or what to do with it.

I also have something called AC Web Ulitimate Repack which has MySQL folder with a bunch of files, Apache folder with a bunch of files, Arcemu.exe file, and arcemu-world.exe file, among a couple of other folders and few other files that came with this "Repack".

I went through this huge walkthrough and it seemed that MySQL was running but now it says that it can't find some file.

Then I'm supposed to start apache. When I do that, I get some error about an invalid directory.

And then the connect file I'm supposed to execute doesn't work because nothing prior to that worked.

Any insight on that?

Do I need to have all of these things in one folder?

Thank you so much for your help!!!

killerwave7 is offline Premium Member

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nlmiller1975 View Post
    Hi there,

Let me preface this by saying that I'm trying to set this up on a laptop to send this to my husband in Iraq. He has no internet out there, so whatever I get set up for him needs to work before I send it. In the process of trying to do this, I have followed numerous walkthroughs and have downloaded a ton of stuff. At this point, I have folders everywhere, so I'm going to need to figure out what I still need in following this walkthrough, if I need to have everything in one particular folder, if I should call it something in particular, etc.

So I have 3.0.9 right now. I don't know if that's the right version I need or not, but I downloaded it thinking that it would be what I needed to set up on my own. Once I got it downloaded, I realized that everything in my World of Warcraft folder was set up for someone else's server. So, one of my next steps is to make sure to configure whatever files I need to configure to access my own database/server.

I also have a folder called WowEmu. I don't know what that's for or what to do with it.

I also have something called AC Web Ulitimate Repack which has MySQL folder with a bunch of files, Apache folder with a bunch of files, Arcemu.exe file, and arcemu-world.exe file, among a couple of other folders and few other files that came with this "Repack".

I went through this huge walkthrough and it seemed that MySQL was running but now it says that it can't find some file.

Then I'm supposed to start apache. When I do that, I get some error about an invalid directory.

And then the connect file I'm supposed to execute doesn't work because nothing prior to that worked.

Any insight on that?

Do I need to have all of these things in one folder?

Thank you so much for your help!!!
    might want to go and PM an admin or mod who knows this stuff because serverman (the thread creator) is no longer available on d3scene forums, just letting you know that

good luck

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've pm'd a couple, do you have anyone in particular in mind? The ones I've pm'd don't seem to be responding...

Thanks!

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The crew here is very busy, but i will try to help you out.
    About the files: All need to be in one folder, and it needs to be in the right tree-path.
    I would reccomend un-installing all other things you have downloaded, and then reinstall this.
    To play this you need to have WoW with patch 3.0.9.
    I hope that helps you on your way again Post back if you need more help.

Grim077 is offline Newbie
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did all of the instructions but i can't get in to my IP's Account. I can't find my user-name and password. But i made a "free" DNS host site. and put it in my "Realmlist" for world of warcraft. then i filled out all of the config files. But my problem is that i can't get into my IP's Account/or whatever. i tried everthing you know like. user-name: admin Password: admin, guest,guest,user,user,ect you know stuff like that but that is my problem.

Thanks.
    Grim077

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You mean that you can't access your router?

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you so much for taking the time to try to help. I really do appreciate it!!

So, in terms of pathing... I have Wow set up like this:
    C:\Games\World of Warcraft (then all subfiles/folders) I don't have it in program files on this computer as I did on previous computers because this one has Vista, and Vista seems to get grumpy when things are being manipulated in program files.

Then the repack and other items should go in...?
    C:\Games\Repack for example? Or should I put all of it in the World of Warcraft folder?

Thank you once again!

Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast