Starting from scratch

This is a discussion on Starting from scratch within the WoW Private Server Emulation board part of the WoW Private Servers category; Hey everyone, for the past few months I have been thinking about making my own private server but I don't ...

Trevor3553 is offline Newbie
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Starting from scratch

Hey everyone, for the past few months I have been thinking about making my own private server but I don't know where to start! I have googled many different things to try and figure out how to make a private server but so far I haven't had the luck of finding what I am looking for.

Most of the info I found had told me to download and run my private server through Hamachi, though I have heard that doing this is terrible. - I've set my goals high for this server that I would like to create, and I've read that starting with Hamachi will only give me a hard time achieving my goal.

I also haven't had the chance to read about how private servers are ran (program wise), and other requirements that are needed to successfully run one - this is kind of a big exponent that I am curious about and I do not ask you to explain it yourself, but if you know of a post somewhere that does explain it, please share

I am looking to make a 2.4.3 BC server because I believe this was the best expansion and will attract the largest crowd. Could any of you please send me in the right direction so I am able to take my first step into creating this masterpiece, and can learn/explore from there on.

Thank you very much for reading, and for any advice/help in advance!
    Cheers

Zacro is offline WoW Leveling Services

Array
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well your topic definitely suits the post lol. Well it is quite the process if you have never done this before my friend. Starting a 2.4.3 server may work out for ya, but most of the population sadly enough is on 3.3.5a and Cata. I prefer 3.3.5a personally, but anyhow.......
    There are guides to show you exactly how to set one up from scratch, but they all require using a repack. If you want to succeed with your server, then a repack is not the way to go. It is always best to make your own freshly compiled server rather than using a repack.
    Google will show you everything that you need to know trust me, you just have to find the right links.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Zacro For This Useful Post:

<GM>Bumblebee is offline I'm The Good Bee :)

Array
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How-to:Win - TrinityCore Wiki <=== Tutorial on compiling trinity core 3.3.5a
    Compiling: Windows - ArcEmu-Wiki <=== Tutorial Compiling Arcemu 3.3.5a

Notice they are all 3.3.5a guides... its the least buggy (although i like cata its best to go 3.3.5a)

Also Trinitycore is recommended by me...

However if you really wish to go for a TBC Server WhyDB should have all that you need and the way to compile it should stay the same.

Click here To see all my Tutorials and get Help.

Zacro is offline WoW Leveling Services

Array
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OregonCore is also known for TBC 2.4.3 servers.

nexgenwow is offline Wannabe Member
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Come to nexgenwow.com, we are looking for some good GM's and some advertsing staff!