Help needed compiling/creating a repack!

This is a discussion on Help needed compiling/creating a repack! within the WoW Private Server Emulation board part of the WoW Private Servers category; I'm not being fussy, I'm just saying in my experience they are quite terrible and not a good option. I ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    NickSauce is offline Hacker
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not being fussy, I'm just saying in my experience they are quite terrible and not a good option.

I suppose if you're using something that uses LUA then that would work Ryan but as far as I'm aware anything else needs a complete recompile, which is basically impossible in a repack.

Matt is offline Bott

Array
    Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NickSauce View Post
    I'm not being fussy, I'm just saying in my experience they are quite terrible and not a good option.

I suppose if you're using something that uses LUA then that would work Ryan but as far as I'm aware anything else needs a complete recompile, which is basically impossible in a repack.
    I wasn't talking about you man, just talking about the emulation community in general. It's just how most people are now-a-days. They all flame repacks.
    @kent

undead_warrior is offline Geek
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why do you want a repack, when you have to compile it fresh? To use a repack, simply download one, and there are many links for it.
    Compile yourself a server will give you more power/flexibility over your project.

Bad thing about repack is you can only modify the database, any changes internally or through the code it self has to be made through the repack's owner therefore you can't create any of those good commands that you wants, if you want a repack.

also try to tackle on the how to create commands and stuff through c++, then post your result, we might be able to help you debug your problem, but will not actually do the CODE for you.

Ryan is offline Ubiquitous

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Repacks in my experience create seperate folders in your C drive (assuming you are running it off your personal windows computer) and there are helllllla files you can edit .... Unless things have changed since Burning Crusade

nourbis is offline Newbie
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been reading across the lines a bit, and I have seen such kind of requests over the past years. Most of the answers "apart the advertising ones " are completely true. Of course repacks is the easy way to do things when u dont do it yourself, but if you have like 1 hour/day and willing to learn you can easily compile your own server (linux/windows) , edit code lines the way you want (here you can do some fantastic stuff *antihack-warden-, custom commands, pvp thingies ....* and run it your way. I can give you hints/help if you need some and you can also use a very powerful tool called : Google that would make your life much easier and better.

K, now that the speech has been written , time to go out

Peace

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123