Having a hard time building my private server...

This is a discussion on Having a hard time building my private server... within the WoW Private Server Emulation board part of the WoW Private Servers category; Originally Posted by Excidium Seriously, if you are stuck there already, give up. Without deep understanding of that core and ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Zacro is offline WoW Leveling Services

Array
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Excidium View Post
    Seriously, if you are stuck there already, give up.

Without deep understanding of that core and how it works, it will be just another private server with 3 players that lasts for 1 month on a shitty homehost.

Hard, but truth.
    I dislike the comment you made here because your comment was irrelevant to what he is trying to do and quite inappropriate at best. I have removed the comment because I feel that it should be deemed inappropriate in this topic.

As for my repack, the only thing custom on it is the attributes on the gear, they are 5000% higher. A Repack is perfect for what you want to bud. Customizing things that you want to do is all done in the database which can be done in a repack also. Making your own is only needed when you want to customize something in the core, or C++ scripting, etc.

Ryan is offline Ubiquitous

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by artus View Post
    Ok I understand now, it is already set to my external IP, thats what threw me off lol.
    Let us know if you need any more help with it ? I dont know about now-a-days, but 4-5 years ago we need MySQL and a cache thing .. it was tedious to say the least

Excidium is offline Banned User

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zacro View Post
    I dislike the comment you made here because your comment was irrelevant to what he is trying to do and quite inappropriate at best. I have removed the comment because I feel that it should be deemed inappropriate in this topic.

As for my repack, the only thing custom on it is the attributes on the gear, they are 5000% higher. A Repack is perfect for what you want to bud. Customizing things that you want to do is all done in the database which can be done in a repack also. Making your own is only needed when you want to customize something in the core, or C++ scripting, etc.
    It was just the truth, it may be hard sometimes.

Array
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As i said it qas irrelevant to the subject at hand thus not needed

artus is offline Wannabe Member
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you everyone, since I'm so close to completion I'm going to try to finish up this evening and I'll let you know if I have any other issues. On the other hand if it fails I will be downloading the repack! haha. Thanks again everyone

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, so. If I have my IP set to the default IP shown in the Wiki with vmaps enabled in the worldserver.conf authserver works fine and worldserver.exe opens then closes immediately and I get a vmaps error, so I turn vmaps off...now I get a bunch of loading in worldserver.exe and it ends in this:
    Your database structure is not up to date. Please make sure you've executed all queries in the sql/updates folders.
    I'm assuming its referring to the database I loaded into heidisql?
    Then it cuts off...
    Btw if I change my .conf and all my IP spaces to my external IP both authserver and worldserver freeze... however I'm more concerned about the other issues atm. I can deal with that later.

Also when i created my supposedly "release" folder it wasnt named "release" rather "RelWithDebInfo" will this cause any problems?

Edit: I tried to reload the databases in heidisql and when I try to import create_mysql I get this:
    SQL Error (11460: Table MySql.user Doesnt Exist
    Didnt have this issue before...sorry to keep running into this stuff! I'm gonna get it eventually! lol
    Last edited by artus; 11-01-2012 at 10:41 PM.

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The more I work on it the more problems I get... Now it won't let me import my character or auth databases. It says you have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'charactersauthauth' at line 2. I just wanna play the damn game now. CAn anyone point me to t it on how to install that repack?

---------- Post added at 12:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:05 AM ----------

Bump..anyone? I'm really ready to just get this thing going. I have been working out errors for a week

Array
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With the repack, you don't have to do anything more than booting up MySQL, then the worldserver.exe and then the authserver.exe

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I sent you a pm zacro. It's not working correctly. I'm getting tired of error messages lol. Also what would I need to do get rid if the high rates
    Last edited by artus; 11-02-2012 at 03:12 AM.

Array
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I replied to your PM bud. You need to download and install OpenSSL for your bit system whether it be 32bit or 64bit. Also, if you want to get rid of the rates, then you need to install a fresh world database and make sure to update the database when you do it so that you don't see error msgs for that also lol

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast