database hacking ?

This is a discussion on database hacking ? within the WoW Private Server Hacks board part of the WoW Private Servers category; Recently a friend and I have been trying to hack a wow server. The only way I can think would ...

Ryan is offline Ubiquitous

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb database hacking ?

Recently a friend and I have been trying to hack a wow server. The only way I can think would be getting access to the database would be with SQL injection. Now if you dont know what SQL is, then you should at least try to run a wow server for yourself before trying to do what I am trying to do; that being said I need a little help with succeeding.
    \
    First I thought, we need an IP. I remember back way back when Burning Crusade was the newest release, a private wow server usually came with a webpage for you server. Sure you can edit the images, and even the coding of the site, but the PHP files for account creation was always kept the same except for the IP being changed to the hosts IP. So if we want to connect to this server, we need the IP that the server is located with, and not the just the domain. Thats where PING comes in, for example the IP host for my city's website is 207.105.169.17 with an open port numbered as 53.

okay so we have the IP, now what ? I get stuck here - I've tried pulling DBS with SQLMAP (a program within Kali Linu which is used to get tablesand columns from within sql databases... most famous s Ashley Madison, Federal Reserve, and World Trade Organizaion have all had their data leaked on pastebin with the same layhout SQLMAP offers.

How can we connect to their database ? Why do I want to do this ? for the lulz

Honestly though, we can create accounts IE an admin account. We can also view other things like personal info of accounts, payment information, emails, anything you can think of that would get organized.

If anyone has any info, please leave us a comment. I eventually want to be able to write a how-to because there has to be a way

deadeye2080 is offline Newbie
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,

I have been looking into private server database hacking a lot lately. I have found some decent approaches with sql injections but. Using SQLMAP is also a very powerful tool but needs to be configured correctly to have it pull things correctly. I too am new to this stuff and get stuck at the stage where I have and IP address.

My goal in hacking these servers is to give myself max level characters and decent start loot to start raiding. I am currently playing on the nostalrius which is a 1.2.1 vanilla x1 sever with a very active community.

Anyways we should talk. We need to get a team to approach this with various expertise.