how to get past an IP ban...

This is a discussion on how to get past an IP ban... within the WoW Private Server Hacks board part of the WoW Private Servers category; Hey whats up guys, I'm pretty new to this server as you can see.. but I figured I'd post this ...

infamous is offline Newbie
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

how to get past an IP ban...

Hey whats up guys, I'm pretty new to this server as you can see.. but I figured I'd post this as I didn't see it listed, and figured it out today... its:

How to Get Past IP BAN: for STATIC IP USERS:
    (theres a few methods I've discovered)

To start with, use
    Find My IP Address - Lookup to find out what your current IP is, write it down somewhere for a comparison later.

[note: all of these methods involve simply changing your MAC address, which is basically an electronic means of telling your ISP the physical location of the modem.. & by changing your MAC address, the ISP will simply assign you a new static IP when you reconnect]

A) The first method will work if you are normally behind a router. Simply
    disconnect your modem, unplug the Ethernet cord from the router, and plug it directly into your computer. Than power cycle your modem. Check your ip using the link above. You should have a new static IP address. If not, continue on to B.

The second method is a little bit more complex, but easy to get a hang of. You're gonna need MAC MakeUp... found here:Mac Makeup Download - Softpedia
    Once you have it extracted

STEP 1: select the network adapter that your computer uses to connect to the internet from the list. then generate a random Mac address, using the Manufacturer portal if neccessary. Hit change. Then just power cycle your modem..

STEP 2: Refresh Find My IP Address - Lookup and you should have a new static IP address!
    Last edited by infamous; 02-02-2008 at 05:52 AM. Reason: new methods!!!
    my signature is to large

35yeros is offline Im still on a Boat.
    Array
    N38°52'14" W77°03'19" its funny because it might be true
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    already posted by me, but yours is a little easyer to understand, nice job =)
    When in doubt, empty the magazine, They dont pay you to bring home bullets

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    this works for changing your STATIC ip.
    my signature is to large

axxo is offline Member
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nice guide.. but tell me .. how do i ''power cycle'' my modem and what the heck is it ?>.<

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    * Turn the modem OFF at the power switch located at the top, side or at the back of the modem. Switch it back on after about five seconds.
    * USB modems get their power through the USB cable. So on USB modems you need to remove the USB cord and plug it back in after about five seconds to reset the modem's power.
    * You could also shutdown and restart your PC if you don't want to remove the USB connection.
    * If there is no power switch on the modem and your modem has a power cable then switch it off at the wall. Make sure not to switch off the power to the PC if it is connected to the same power point. In that case first shutdown your PC and then switch the modem off at the wall.
    my signature is to large

35yeros is offline Im still on a Boat.
    Array
    N38°52'14" W77°03'19" its funny because it might be true
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    right^^^^ also, if your changing you ip to get aroud your standared blizz private server, and this doesnt work use this
    how to bypass an ip ban
    Last edited by 35yeros; 02-01-2008 at 04:42 PM.
    When in doubt, empty the magazine, They dont pay you to bring home bullets

bigturbo is offline Newbie
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by infamous View Post
    Hey whats up guys, I'm pretty new to this server as you can see.. but I figured I'd post this as I didn't see it listed, and figured it out today... its:

How to Get Past IP BAN: for STATIC IP USERS:
    (theres a few methods I've discovered)

To start with, use
    Find My IP Address - Lookup to find out what your current IP is, write it down somewhere for a comparison later.

[note: all of these methods involve simply changing your MAC address, which is basically an electronic means of telling your ISP the physical location of the modem.. & by changing your MAC address, the ISP will simply assign you a new static IP when you reconnect]

A) The first method will work if you are normally behind a router. Simply
    disconnect your modem, unplug the Ethernet cord from the router, and plug it directly into your computer. Than power cycle your modem. Check your ip using the link above. You should have a new static IP address. If not, continue on to B.

The second method is a little bit more complex, but easy to get a hang of. You're gonna need MAC MakeUp... found here:Mac Makeup Download - Softpedia
    Once you have it extracted

STEP 1: select the network adapter that your computer uses to connect to the internet from the list. then generate a random Mac address, using the Manufacturer portal if neccessary. Hit change. Then just power cycle your modem..

STEP 2: Refresh Find My IP Address - Lookup and you should have a new static IP address!

why go through so much hassle... just go into your router config... any of the last 3 sets of digit... its usualy 0-9 or a- f) change 1 number or 1 letter... power cycle and u got new ip =]..easy, im gona go 1 hit kill the gm again lol haha

Ryan is offline Ubiquitous

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If You One Hit A GM -.- NVM

Can This Thread Get Closed ?

entwined360 is offline Newbie
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unhappy

Hey, it seems as though your post has helped a lot of people...but not me :V

Ok, so far I've figured out Im on a Static IP (DHCP or w/e in Command Promt Had the "No")

Next, I've tried unplugging my Linksys Router for 10 minutes and the plug into me computer for 10 minutes. No dice.

Secondly, I've tried the command "ipconfig /release" and "ipconfig /renew", after doing both nothing changed.

Thirdly, I've done the Step B by attempting to change the MAC address and power cycing the router. Again, No Dice.

I cannot do Step A because my wire doesnt run far enough (to my room.)

A side note that might help;

I have an "Arris" Touchstone Telephony Modem. I think its just for the phone lines, but adding it just to be sure.

Tyrande is offline Member
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am not sure if i want to do this. I got "AltIBox" messed up router

It needed 2 weeks to set my IP as DMZ-Host.

IP-banned a week or wait 2 weeks to host again... ._.

---------- Post added at 03:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:21 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by entwined360 View Post
    Hey, it seems as though your post has helped a lot of people...but not me :V

Ok, so far I've figured out Im on a Static IP (DHCP or w/e in Command Promt Had the "No")

Next, I've tried unplugging my Linksys Router for 10 minutes and the plug into me computer for 10 minutes. No dice.

Secondly, I've tried the command "ipconfig /release" and "ipconfig /renew", after doing both nothing changed.

Thirdly, I've done the Step B by attempting to change the MAC address and power cycing the router. Again, No Dice.

I cannot do Step A because my wire doesnt run far enough (to my room.)

A side note that might help;

I have an "Arris" Touchstone Telephony Modem. I think its just for the phone lines, but adding it just to be sure.
    I think it's best that you just wait to the IP-banned is lifted and never get IP-banned again. Stealthbot isn't a smart idea if you want to be free of IP-bans.