WoWEMUHacker Potential Virus (3.3.2)

This is a discussion on WoWEMUHacker Potential Virus (3.3.2) within the WoW Private Server Hacks board part of the WoW Private Servers category; Hi, I recently downloaded the 3.3.2 WoWemu hack, and it immediately showed up as a virus in AVG Free. Here ...

Doronamo is offline Member
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WoWEMUHacker Potential Virus (3.3.2)

Hi, I recently downloaded the 3.3.2 WoWemu hack, and it immediately showed up as a virus in AVG Free. Here is the link I downloaded it from:

WoWEmuHacker 5.0.4.9a [Works with 3.2.2a]

"Infection : Virus Found in Win32/Heur : (my path to the file)"

Before I download it again, I want to be 100% from an admin. Is this something I should be worried about? Or is it safe to use?

EDIT: To clarify, I just looked thoroughly through the post again, and here is what I found. So for AVG users, I don't know this is still safe 100% sure, but doing what this says is the only way to get it to work:

Note* Warning: There have been a few reports from users who use AVG anti virus that the AVG program has been blocking WEH5, this is because of the file compressor used with WEH5 is setting off the AVG protection and therefor causing it to block the program from starting. The fix to this is to add WEH5 to the allow list of programs in AVG or to Disable AVG while using WEH5, no other Anti Virus programs have had any issues that I am aware of.
    Last edited by Doronamo; 03-07-2010 at 04:34 AM.

murderman143 is offline Guru
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its not a virus dump ass add it as a exception in avg and have fun

oMaNao is offline Member
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doronamo View Post
    Hi, I recently downloaded the 3.3.2 WoWemu hack, and it immediately showed up as a virus in AVG Free. Here is the link I downloaded it from:

WoWEmuHacker 5.0.4.9a [Works with 3.2.2a]

"Infection : Virus Found in Win32/Heur : (my path to the file)"

Before I download it again, I want to be 100% from an admin. Is this something I should be worried about? Or is it safe to use?

EDIT: To clarify, I just looked thoroughly through the post again, and here is what I found. So for AVG users, I don't know this is still safe 100% sure, but doing what this says is the only way to get it to work:

Note* Warning: There have been a few reports from users who use AVG anti virus that the AVG program has been blocking WEH5, this is because of the file compressor used with WEH5 is setting off the AVG protection and therefor causing it to block the program from starting. The fix to this is to add WEH5 to the allow list of programs in AVG or to Disable AVG while using WEH5, no other Anti Virus programs have had any issues that I am aware of.
    lol you post a link to a 3.2.2a hack claiming its 3.3.2... dumbass...