This is how i did it..
it took my 4 months to get to 60 on blizz server
that was my highest level before i tested a private server with very high xp rate..
now i have my first 70 and it only took me 60 min of farming ;D
This guide is very helpful if you have ever wondered how people get to play World of Warcraft on a private server. Doing this will can also let you play as a GM if you know the person hosting the private server. I just found this on the internet this is how i did it my first time. Also, I am not responsible for the information contained in this guide and use at your own risk. With that said...here is the guide!
Have you ever wondered how you could solo MC or BWL? How about have a godly character that nothing can defeat? So... Now that I've caught your attention, I will explain how to connect to one of many WoW private servers!
now we start..
If you got wow tbc an dont wanne play on regular wow again only private server then forget part 1,2 and 3
1. Rename your World of Warcraft folder to anything else, for example wowow, something you won't forget is your World of Warcraft folder. For Windows users you'll find the folder "World of Warcraft" in C:\Program Files.
2. Install the World of Warcraft again. The installer will ask you where you want to place World of Warcraft. The default is installed into C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft, but instead rename it to C:\Program Files\PrivateServerWoW (or anything else). Also, don't have it send an icon to the desktop.
3. Once you've installed World of Warcraft go in an update to 2.0.12.. thats the version they use now even on most private servers.. if you dont got anymore game time left you will find it hard to get the patch up .. lol... download from here.. http://a.wirebrain.de/wow/ remember to install the files to the new wow folder... if it dont let you choose where to download it will go there automatically..
4. Now on to finding a private server to connect to. I find most of my servers at http://wowstatus.net/serverlist.php but you can find them elsewhere by doing a search. There, you'll find a list of private servers. If you want to play on a server with high XP rates and gold/item rates, choose a funserver (under the XP rate column). Click on the server's name to go to the info page. You can only play on servers that have 2.0.12 and 2.1.0 (which is really most servers atm).
5. To play on the server, you must make an account. Now click on the Account Signup page to register for that particular server. Most register sites will look like a login screen. Just type your desired username and password to sign up!
6. Once you're signed up for that particular server, you'll need to find the server's address. Go back to the server's info page, and you'll find the server's address In the row labeled "Server Address" (duh ).
7. Once you've found the server address, go back to your WoW Private Server Folder, and find a file called "Realmlist.wtf" It's in the regular WoW private server folder, NOT in the WTF folder. Click on the Realmlist.wtf to open it. For most, it will ask you what program you want to open it with. For window's users, choose notepad. Once opened you'll see, [ set realmlist us.logon.worldofwarcraft.com ] or [ set realmlist eu.logon.worldofwarcraft.com ] depending on which version you play. Now change the address to the private server you chose. (for example [ set realmlist xxx.xxx.xxx ]) Once you've done that, SAVE the file!
now push on the wow.exe in your new wow folder and login with the accountname/password you picked...
You are now done ;D
to pick another server here is the link again.. http://wowstatus.net/serverlist.php
here u can download patch 2.1.0 if you want that...