World of warcraft guide how to play on private server (Updated)

This is a discussion on World of warcraft guide how to play on private server (Updated) within the WoW Private Servers board part of the WoW forum category; This is how i did it.. Intro.. lol.. it took my 4 months to get to 60 on blizz server ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Xirus is offline Guru
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

World of warcraft guide how to play on private server (Updated)

This is how i did it..

Intro.. lol..

it took my 4 months to get to 60 on blizz server
    that was my highest level before i tested a private server with very high xp rate..
    now i have my first 70 and it only took me 60 min of farming ;D

This guide is very helpful if you have ever wondered how people get to play World of Warcraft on a private server. Doing this will can also let you play as a GM if you know the person hosting the private server. I just found this on the internet this is how i did it my first time. Also, I am not responsible for the information contained in this guide and use at your own risk. With that said...here is the guide!

Have you ever wondered how you could solo MC or BWL? How about have a godly character that nothing can defeat? So... Now that I've caught your attention, I will explain how to connect to one of many WoW private servers!

now we start..

If you got wow tbc an dont wanne play on regular wow again only private server then forget part 1,2 and 3

1. Rename your World of Warcraft folder to anything else, for example wowow, something you won't forget is your World of Warcraft folder. For Windows users you'll find the folder "World of Warcraft" in C:\Program Files.

2. Install the World of Warcraft again. The installer will ask you where you want to place World of Warcraft. The default is installed into C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft, but instead rename it to C:\Program Files\PrivateServerWoW (or anything else). Also, don't have it send an icon to the desktop.

3. Once you've installed World of Warcraft go in an update to 2.0.12.. thats the version they use now even on most private servers.. if you dont got anymore game time left you will find it hard to get the patch up .. lol... download from here.. http://a.wirebrain.de/wow/ remember to install the files to the new wow folder... if it dont let you choose where to download it will go there automatically..

4. Now on to finding a private server to connect to. I find most of my servers at http://wowstatus.net/serverlist.php but you can find them elsewhere by doing a search. There, you'll find a list of private servers. If you want to play on a server with high XP rates and gold/item rates, choose a funserver (under the XP rate column). Click on the server's name to go to the info page. You can only play on servers that have 2.0.12 and 2.1.0 (which is really most servers atm).

5. To play on the server, you must make an account. Now click on the Account Signup page to register for that particular server. Most register sites will look like a login screen. Just type your desired username and password to sign up!

6. Once you're signed up for that particular server, you'll need to find the server's address. Go back to the server's info page, and you'll find the server's address In the row labeled "Server Address" (duh ).

7. Once you've found the server address, go back to your WoW Private Server Folder, and find a file called "Realmlist.wtf" It's in the regular WoW private server folder, NOT in the WTF folder. Click on the Realmlist.wtf to open it. For most, it will ask you what program you want to open it with. For window's users, choose notepad. Once opened you'll see, [ set realmlist us.logon.worldofwarcraft.com ] or [ set realmlist eu.logon.worldofwarcraft.com ] depending on which version you play. Now change the address to the private server you chose. (for example [ set realmlist xxx.xxx.xxx ]) Once you've done that, SAVE the file!

now push on the wow.exe in your new wow folder and login with the accountname/password you picked...

You are now done ;D

to pick another server here is the link again.. http://wowstatus.net/serverlist.php

here u can download patch 2.1.0 if you want that...

http://wowpatches.de/wowpatches/incl...catid=3&type=4
    <br /><br /><br />Lets do it the easy way shall we...

XplittR is offline Hawt

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: World of warcraft private server guide (not how to make your own)

Are there any servers running on TBC yet? Can you show me?

Hawt.

CaT- is offline Mentor
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: World of warcraft private server guide (not how to make your own)

http://www.wowserverlisting.net/ :P most of them you can play TBC :P

gutsuu is offline Newbie
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: World of warcraft guide how to play on private server (Updated)

Hi im a real newbie at this, if i want to play on a tbc server then i can skip the first 3 steps right? but where will i then find the realm list to put in the server thing so i can connect to a private server?

gutsuu is offline Newbie
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i mean if i dont do the first 3 steps which mean i dont re install wow and update with that special update. Then i wont have this folder that i should find realm list in :S im confused

vman153 is offline Newbie
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dont get now push on the wow.exe in your new wow folder and login with the accountname/password you picked... Where do i find my NEW wow.exe? ??? ??? ???

Xirus is offline Guru
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gutsuu
    i mean if i dont do the first 3 steps which mean i dont re install wow and update with that special update. Then i wont have this folder that i should find realm list in :S im confused

its no special update its just so that you have 1 wow for private servers and 1 for regular.. realmlist.conf (you open it with a text program) is a file everyone that play wow got in their wow folder along with wow.exe.. you change your realmlist.conf to point to the server of you choice and saves it.. cause it normally points to blizz servers... now if you did step 1,2 and 3 you will have new wow folder (simply so that you dont need to change the old wow folder) with a new realmlist.conf file pointing to your blizz servers (same as the old one does) only that this new realmlist.conf you wanne change to your private server adress.. if you skiped 1,2 and 3 you will only have 1 wow folder with 1 realmlist that you wanne change so it points to a private server..

im srry if you still dont get it cause i cant make it more easy...
    <br /><br /><br />Lets do it the easy way shall we...

gutsuu is offline Newbie
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its all clearer to me now thanks alot!

shwaggy is offline Newbie
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I downloaded and installed wow and bc and now I have version 2.0.0 how do I update to 2.1.0 I dont see anything that would do it. Any help would be appreciated.

Wackomaster is offline Newbie
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I Have the normal game installed i have a lvl 70 account on real WoW realms but i wanna play on private realms can't i just go into my WoW files i have now and just change realms into private realmaddress and play?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast