Make your own WoW server !

This is a discussion on Make your own WoW server ! within the WoW Private Servers board part of the WoW forum category; 1. Running a private WoW server is not necessarily "legal." Because Blizzard has an EULA(End User Licensed Agreement) that you ...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Ginzo is offline Premium Member
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Make your own WoW server !

1. Running a private WoW server is not necessarily "legal." Because Blizzard has an EULA(End User Licensed Agreement) that you agreed to the first time you ran WoW, you will violate the agreement by even playing on Private WoW Servers let alone running a WoW server. However, hundreds of thousands of people from ALL around the world are currently playing on private servers & thousands of people are hosting them. Check out www.wowstatus.net to see a huge list of servers.

2. Your computer will become a SERVER which will cause all other programs to run slower, so make sure you won't need it to run any programs that use large amounts of memory. Running memory consuming programs while your "game server application" is running, WILL affect the performance of the computer.

3. You will probably want to contact your ISP(Internet Service Provider) and see about getting a STATIC IP ADDRESS. Most ISPs will usually help you, others may try to charge you. If you are not sure what an IP ADDRESS is, you probably have no business hosting a game server. However, you could do some research and probably continue on to the rest of this guide.

4. Security will be a MUST! Due to the abundance of hackers and malicious virii, we suggest that you find a GOOD ANTI-VIRUS program & a good FIREWALL. We are not going to recommend any because there will always be different opinions about "which is better." I can not make any guarantees that your chosen software will prevent any unauthorized access or virus infections.. so I leave this up to you to search for this on your own. Here is a search engine to assist you in your research.

Choosing Which Server To Run

There are a few different WoW server emulators that you can download and run. They are all different in their own way, but they all result in being able to host your own World of Warcraft Server. You will have to REMEMBER that none of these servers are perfect, and that they ALL CONTAIN BUGS & GLITCHES! The developers still to this day are continuously working on their servers, and often issue upgrades or patches. Later I will explain in detail how to go about keeping your server up to date. For my own personal reasons, I will use MaNGOs for the BEST PERFORMING WoW Server. If you would like to use another, you will have to wait until I write further documentation involving installation & maintenance. For now, just read further.

Required Hardware to Run MaNGOs

Suggested Minimum Hardware Requirements:

*Although you can run MaNGOs on much less, it is not recommended for large character population*

· 2 GHz Processor (AMD or Intel)

· 1 GB Memory (DDR2 preferably)

· 40 GB Hard Disk Space

· 12 Mbps Internet Connection

Required Software to Run MaNGOs

(Download First & Install Later)

*Save these programs all in a temporary folder(ie. C:\temp)*

1. MySQL 5.0 or greater - This is the DataBase software that MaNGOs requires to store all of the game and account information needed to function. This is FREE software!

2. SQLyog or Navicat - These are different MySQL GUIs(Graphical User Interfaces) that makes managing your DB a whole lot easier. You only need ONE of these applications. SQLyog is FREE, while Navicat is only good for 30 days unless you purchase it. I HIGHLY RECCOMEND USING NAVICAT, YOU MAY WANT TO FIND A CRACK FOR IT TO WORK FOREVER..

3. MaNGOs - This is the actual program required to run the WoW Server. MaNGOs is CONSTANTLY being worked on by the developers to bring your the most stable version. Later we will go into detail on how to update to the latest version.

Make A Decision!

Now is the time that you will need to decide which DataBase is right for you. These are the large DataBases that contains all the information. This data will be inserted into MySQL to populate the game with all the NPCs, Creatures, Portals, and everything else that makes up the WoW universe.

*You should only save one of these DBs to your C:\temp folder*

1. Silver's DB - Often dubbed "the best" DB... This DataBase was created by Silver & the SDB Team at http://sdb.unix7.net/forums. It probably had a larger development team than MaNGOs DB at one point, but they have both now equaled out to an extent at this point in time. For this guide I will be using Silver's DB!

2. MaNGOs DB - This DataBase was created by Hochelf & his crew at at https://opensvn.csie.org/traccgi/mangoDB. This is more or less a replica of the DB that comes with your WoW Client. It is the "ideal" database for future versions of MaNGOs.

Other Required Downloads to Run MaNGOs

1. DBC Extractor - This is the tool you will DEFINATELY NEED! This program will extract the REQUIRED DBC files from your WoW game and convert them into files needed to run the server. Using this tool will take some time to copy the files, but YOU MUST USE IT!

2. Map Extractor - This tool usually comes with most compiled MaNGOs files, and is VERY NECESSARY to have. If you somehow come across a different download of MaNGOs,

Patch Your WoW Up To Version 1.10.2 Official

*If you are running any cracked or higher version, you must reinstall WoW*

Patch your wow client up to 1.10.2 Official by using these patches:

All to 1.10.0 Mega Patch - This is a VERY large file, but it will patch any EARLIER version to 1.10.0

1.9.4 to 1.10.0 Patch - This file is exactly what it says, nothing fancy... just patches 1.9.4 into 1.10.0

These patches are different, install each patch one at a time*

1.10.0 to 1.10.1 Patch - Unzip this patch into your C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft folder and run BNupdate.exe.

1.10.1 to 1.10.2 Patch - Unzip this patch to the same place as the one above and run BNupdate.exe again!

Prepare A Home For MaNGOs

*To open the files with the extension .rar, you will need to download an UNRAR program*

Part1)

1. Create a directory at the C: drive and name it mangos. You should now have the directory C:\mangos

2. Unzip all the files inside mangos.rar (from your C:\temp) into the directory that you just created.

3. Now copy ad.exe from c:\mangos into you WoW directory (C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft)

4. Create a folder named maps in your Warcraft directory and leave it empty! (C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\maps)

5. Now run ad.exe from the WoW directory, this will add files in your new map folder. (It may take awhile, this is normal)

6. When the program finishes, cut the folder maps and paste into your C:\mangos folder. (This too may take some time due to many files)

Part 2)

1. Unzip dbc_extract.rar files into your C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\Data folder.

(This may seem like it's frozen but it is not, just let this program run!)

2. Run dbc_extract.cmd and let the program create a folder named DBC and create the files

3. Now Cut the new DBC folder (C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\Data\DBC) and paste it into C:\mangos

You should now have 3 folders in C:\mangos

-DBC
    -SQL
    -MAPS

DataBase Installation

1. Create a folder named DB in C:\mangos

2. Unzip Silver's DB from the C:\temp into your new directory C:\mangos\DB

3. Open SQLyog and right click on REALMD, then select IMPORT BATCH FILE (fig14, fig15) and select realmd.sql from C:/MANGOS/SQL/ and import it (just click OK)

http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/1295/sqlyog14rs7.giffig14: Importing batch file
    http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/9457/sqlyog15br4.giffig15: Selecting SQL file for import (realmd.sql or silver database)

4. Open SQLyog and right click on MANGOS, then select IMPORT BATCH FILE and select 2226.sql from C:/MANGOS/DB/ and import it (just click OK)

5. Open SQLyog and right click on MANGOS, then select IMPORT BATCH FILE and select spell_anticheat.sql from C:/MANGOS/SQL/ and import it

6. Open SQLyog and click on REALMD, then right click REALMLIST and select VIEW DATA, then edit NAME and ADDRESS columns with this data:
    Name = *Pick A Name For Your Server*
    Address = Your IP Address or private-test.dyndns.org (Do not use localhost or 127.0.0.1) or nobody can connect.

MaNGOs Configurations

*If you downloaded MaNGOs from here, then your configuration is already complete*

If you downloaded mangos from another source, then you will want to change these files.

*Configure what you like but using our settings work, gaurenteed*

1. mangosd.conf - This is the main configuration file for MaNGOs. Make sure the following lines match the ones on file.

DataDir = "."

LoginDatabaseInfo = "127.0.0.1;3306;mangos;mangos;realmd"
    WorldDatabaseInfo = "127.0.0.1;3306;mangos;mangos;mangos"

2. realmd.conf - You usually do not need to edit this file. Make sure the line below matches the one in your file.

LoginDatabaseInfo = "127.0.0.1;3306;mangos;mangos;realmd"

Finalizing Installation

1. Run realmd.exe first

2. Run mangosd.exe second.

3. Change you realmlist.wtf to your Ip address (C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\realmlist.wtf)

4. Run WoW.exe and log in and test your server using the default account: administrator using password: administrator We will create your account after we update MaNGOs.

5. Create a character and enter the game to verify that the server works propperly.

6. Exit game and proceed to update to the most stable version.

Updating Your MaNGOs

*MaNGOs may not work propperly after installing SOME updates so ALWAYS backup*

Tortise SVN - This is a GREAT tool for updating open source projects. Once you install it, you can simply right click & Update SVN on the folder of the open source application your want to update. We will use it with Silver's DB updates, MaNGOs website, and MaNGOsCMS. After you install this program, proceed to update the following folders.

1. C:\MANGOS\DB - Right click on this folder and select "SVN Checkout." Enter the URL repository https://opensvn.csie.org/SDB then "ok." It will automaticly download 2 folders of latest version of Silver's DB.

2. Only update from the patch folder since you have already installed the database up to version 2226.

3. Open SQLyog and right click on MANGOS, then select IMPORT BATCH FILE and execute each file from C:/MANGOS/DB/Patch/0.4.25 and import them ALL!

Build A MaNGOs Website To Create Accounts Online

XAMPP - This program will turn any computer into a webserver. It has all the tools you need to will need to host your MaNGOs with ease. It installs Apache, PHP and Perl. Download and follow the instructions, they're pretty simple. I recconmend installing XAMPP to C:\XAMPP.

Take some time to configure your Apache webserver... Any small errors will cause it not to run.

1. Open C:\XAMPP\xampp\apache\conf\extra\httpd-vhosts.conf with any text editor and change IP ADDRESS below to your own IP.Add the following lines at the bottom of the file!

NameVirtualHost IP ADDRESS:80

<VirtualHost IP ADDRESS:80>
    ServerAdmin [email protected]
    DocumentRoot "C:/XAMPP/xampp/htdocs/wowserver"
    <Directory "C:/XAMPP/xampp/htdocs/wowserver">
    Options All Includes Indexes
    </Directory>
    </VirtualHost>

2. Save and close the text editor.

3. MaNGOs Website - You will download the premade website using TortiseSVN that you downloaded earlier.

I. After you have your webserver running, create a folder named wowserver in C:\XAMPP\xampp\htdocs

II. Right click on C:\XAMPP\xampp\htdocs\wowserver and run "SVN Checkout"

III. Set the URL Repository to: http://opensvn.csie.org/mangoswebsite and start.

IV. Open SQLyog and right click on REALMD, then select IMPORT BATCH FILE and execute each file from C:/XAMPP/xampp/htdocs/wowserver/sql_install_tables/ and import them ALL *don&#39;t forget to extract dbc_itemdisplayinfo.rar to that same folder and execute dbc_itemdisplayinfo.sql*

V. Open C:\XAMPP\xampp\htdocs\wowserver\config.php and edit the Database information to look like this:

&#39;host&#39;=>&#39;localhost&#39;,
    &#39;user&#39;=>&#39;mangos&#39;,
    &#39;password&#39;=>&#39;mangos&#39;,
    &#39;db&#39;=>&#39;realmd&#39;
    VI. Open SQLyog and click on REALMD, then right click REALMLIST and select VIEW DATA, then edit Dbinfo column to look exactly like this:

127.0.0.1;3306;mangos;mangos;mangos

VII. Open SQLyog and click on REALMD, then right click ACCOUNT and select VIEW DATA, then change the administrator name and password to something secret! This is your WOW ADMIN account now! Delete the other 3 accounts or change their passwords!

VII. Open your internet browser, and visit http://YOUR IP ADDRESS. You should now see your website.

IX. Log into your admin account from the menu on the left, once you log in go to the bottom of the page and click on "Admin" in white text. Click on site configuration and edit to your liking.

X. Now go to top100.sapphiresbar.com and add your site. When asked for a url to your website type http://YOUR IP ADDRESS where IP ADDRESS is your own. Fill out some infomation and submit it. Now users will come to your site. Also register at http://www.wowstatus.net/ and add your site there too!

Helpful Tools for MaNGOs

Account Backup - This is handy tool I wrote to backup your players account info/weapons/status.

Mangos Restarter - A great program designed to restart MaNGOs when it crashes.

Account & Item Handler - This simple tool lets you modify accounts, weapons, armor, items, & quest.

TcpIP In/Out Tool - This is the tool to change XP&#39;s default setting of 10 max. TCP listening ports.(100)

nnCron Lite - A Windows scheduler tool based on Cron for *NIX OS&#39;s.

Friendly, GINZO ! =)

Dead is offline :D
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Make our own WoW server !

wow dude beautiful post

one rep
    Favorite So Far, Made by Blane

Newest
    GFX DIT

hendricius is offline Administrator

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Make our own WoW server !

Awesome guide.

+Reputation.
    You suck. Suck a little less and become a fan on Facebook.

"D3scene pwns" - Hendrik (PIRATE)

XplittR is offline Hawt

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Make your own WoW server !

Nice! I never managed to set up one. to you.

Hawt.

Nerzphar is offline Member
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no hack is undetectable,and a lot from these(or everything??) hacks are tested and you can get banned for it,because that everyone say use it at your own risk..

Caramba is offline Premium Member
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How can it be detected ? It&#39;s your own server !

v3lv3t is offline Newbie
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Where can i get the right mangos.rar for this guide?
    All mangos downloads i can find contain much more than this guide says, much more maps also.
    And i cant find any DBC Extractor, can someone give me a link to download is?

Icesharks Guest

Quote Originally Posted by v3lv3t
    All mangos downloads i can find contain much more than this guide says, much more maps also.
    This program is a DBC Extractor, http://sourceforge.net/project/showf...kage_id=215550.

v3lv3t is offline Newbie
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Icesharks
    Quote Originally Posted by v3lv3t
    This program is a DBC Extractor, http://sourceforge.net/project/showf...kage_id=215550.
    But dont i need a program called DBC Extractor? Since i need a file called DBC_Extractos.cmd? And mpqe doesnt have that...

Aegwyn is offline Newbie
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hello!

I&#39;ve got a little problem with the link they don&#39;t function :-\

think you for repair this ;D

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast